Announced Competitions and Awards
Details of currently announced awards and competitions can be found on their Web sites.
Deadline November 3/November 27, 2017
Werner von Siemens Prize 2017 (only in Czech)
Students, PhD students and supervisors can register the graduate work or research project. The winners in the five renowned categories and two special categories will be awarded a total amount CZK 1,000,000.
The prize is awarded in the following categories:
- The most significant result of basic research (an individual or research team)
- The most important development / innovation outcome (individual or research team)
- Best pedagogical staff
- Best Diploma Thesis
- The best dissertation
- Special Award 1 "Best Female PhD Dissertation"
- Special award 2 "Award for overcoming barriers to study"
- Winner recommendations
- Applications for categories 1-3 may be submitted by November 3, 2017 by sending all documents to RMU.
- Applications for categories 4-8 are available until 27 November 27 2017 on the contest website.
Deadline January 15, 2018
Eppendorf Award for Young European Investigators
The Eppendorf Award for Young European Investigators acknowledges outstanding contributions to biomedical research in Europe based on methods of molecular biology, including novel analytical concepts.
- Award is granted annually to European researchers not older than 35 years.
- Prize money: 20,000 EUR
- The Award is presented in partnership with the scientific journal Nature.
You can apply online here.
GAGNA A. & Ch. VAN HECK PRIZE
The F.R.S.-FNRS will grant, in 2018, the triennial and international "GAGNA A. & Ch. VAN HECK PRIZE", amounting to 75.000€, to a scientist or a medical doctor, in recognition of a research work which has contributed to the treatment of a disease currently incurable, or which has raised hopes for curing the disease.
Candidates to the Prize should not have received an equivalent or superior Prize intended to promote the submitted work in the course of the last 10 years (i.e. from January 15, 2008 to January 15, 2018).
Application files must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.