The Director of the Central European Institute of Technology - Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) invites applications for the position of
Head of Core Facility
We are offering the opportunity for a technically proficient researcher with managerial skills to join CEITEC MU as a Core Facility Head, to run the Core Facility of Plant Sciences, which provides access to the research infrastructure for basic plant growth, environmental simulation and phenotyping analyses. The core facility operates 15 fully controlled walk-in growth chambers (phytotrons) and 10 greenhouses to provide defined environment for controlled plant growing. More information about the group can be found at: https://www.ceitec.eu/plant-sciences-core-facility/cf123
The work will be conducted at the CEITEC MU centre located on the life sciences campus at Masaryk University in Brno Bohunice. For more information, please go to our website: CEITEC MU.
Prospective candidates should fulfil the following criteria:
- Strong motivation to improve the quality of provided services and technical infrastructure for plant cultivation and phenotyping
- Strong managerial skills and leadership capabilities
- Experience in writing research proposals
- Good communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple research teams
- A motivated and collaborative mindset
- Research experience in plant sciences, bioinformatics, plant phenotyping and/or imaging is a strong advantage but not necessity
- Technical background, experience in operation of greenhouses/growth chambers and technical education is an advantage
What do we offer?
- full-time job at a recognised and successful institution with a supportive and international working environment.
- the contract is for 2 years with a possibility of prolongation.
- an environment that promotes the interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- support from administrative departments (including Grant Office services)
- support with the relocation process (Welcome Office Service)
- plenty of benefits, such as 6 weeks of paid holiday, contribution to a pension scheme, lunch vouchers, Menza MU university canteen meals, reduced prices for Scala cinema tickets, gym lessons organised at the Faculty of Sports MU that is located near CEITEC, reduced prices for mobile operator tariffs, special employee bank products, etc.
Anticipated start date: March 2021 or upon agreement
Applications including a CV, list of publications, description of skills and experience related to the advertised position, motivation letter, and contacts for at least two references should be sent by e-application (https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/59337).
In the case of any difficulties filling out the e-application, please contact Lucie Janštová via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic application deadline: 15.01.2021
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview by the Recruitment Committee.
If you do not receive an invitation for a job interview by the 20.01.2021, we have given priority to other candidates in the first round of the selection process.
In justified cases, the job announcer can extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.
The Central European Institute of Technology – Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) is an independent university institute that was established at Masaryk University as part of a scientific centre of excellence, CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology. CEITEC MU represents a key part of the state-of-the-art research infrastructure that is equipped with cutting-edge facilities and excellent conditions for fundamental, as well as applied research, especially in the area of life sciences. Our institute’s modern building can be found at the University Campus in Brno-Bohunice.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support leading scientists.
CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award, which is given by the European Commission.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2019