JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW POSITION: Material modelling II
Inzerováno od 04.07.2018
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a
„JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW POSITION: Material modelling II.“
We are looking for an outstanding applicant for the academic position in science and research as a junior research fellow position with the goal to model the electronic and optical properties of novel materials for functional plasmonic components. The successful candidate should have a strong background in material modelling, particularly regarding electronic and optical properties of materials like intermetallic compounds or complex oxides and hold a PhD degree in a relevant field. The candidate will be responsible for investigating the interaction of infrared light with novel plasmonic materials. Multi-scale models will be based on DFT, tight-binding or k.p formalisms to provide a theoretical foundation for ongoing experiments. Experience with at least one of these methods as well as the ability and commitment to develop modelling tools will be mandatory. These points should be underlined by an outstanding scientific track record. The candidate is also expected to contribute to research proposals.
The successful candidate must hold a PhD degree in a relevant field and should demonstrate:
- experience with material models based on DFT, tight-binding or k.p method,
- ability to establish and extend models independently,
- ability to supervise students within experimental and theoretical projects,
- scientific publications in relevant peer-reviewed journal as first or corresponding author.
An interest in close collaboration with local and international experimental groups is essential. We will offer an international environment and benefits in line with your experience.
Interested candidates should provide:
- detailed CV incl. list of publications,
- cover letter stating the motivation for applying,
- name and addresses of three international academic or research referees.
- Interesting and dynamic work in an international team in a modern environment,
- Above-standard salary conditions, motivating rewards,
- The possibility of professional development, foreign internships, training and conferences,
- Employee benefits (6 weeks of leave, meal vouchers).
Back to jobs
Applications including required items should be submitted to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2nd, 2018 and quote the “JRFP material modelling II” in the subject.