Lab Manager (Research Technician) for Regulation of Gene Expression Group
Technician Position | Published on 14.02.2023 |
Central European Institute of Technology of Masaryk University (CEITEC MU)
Brno, Czech Republic | www.ceitec.eu
We are the Czech Republic’s flagship basic research institute based at Masaryk University. Our modern in-house core facilities, which provide open access to the latest technologies and expertise, currently support more than 500 researchers from over 35 countries, who are together pushing the boundaries of knowledge in the areas of structural biology, molecular medicine, genomics and proteomics of plant systems, and neuroscience.
CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award. We were the first research institution in the Czech Republic that secured one of the top places in the Company of the Year: Equal Opportunities 2020 competition.
See what onboarding at CEITEC MU looks like here.
About the position:
The position of laboratory technician opens in the research group of Dalibor Blažek Lab – Inherrited diseases – Transcriptional Regulation (http://www2.ceitec.muni.cz/blazek-lab/). We are currently looking for a highly motivated person to become the Lab Manager (Research Technician) of our research team dedicated to understanding roles of CDK12 and CDK11 kinases in regulation of gene expression and their targeting in human disease, particularly cancer.
Requirements We offer How to apply Why to join us?
- Research experience especially around lab management.
- Experience in basic molecular biology/biochemistry techniques such as cell culture, qPCR, western blotting, protein expression and purification, PCR, molecular cloning etc.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Capacity to organize lab activities is essential
- Computer literacy: Word, Power Point, Excel
- Ability to communicate in English and Czech (Slovak) is essential.
- Flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- Possibility to get hands-on expertise with top-notch molecular biology techniques and learn from the experienced and motivated team of scientists
- Medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
- Contribution to a pension scheme
- Flat-rate meal contributions
- A multisport card and sports lessons directly at the Campus
- Reduced prices for mobile operator tariffs
- Special employee bank products
How to apply
Application deadline: 30th June 2023
Expected start date: negotiable/immediately
Hours: full time
Duration: fixed term
Applications including a CV, a brief motivation letter, and contacts for at least two references should be sent via e-application HERE .
In the case of any difficulties filling out the e-application, please contact Markéta Bariaková (email@example.com).
If you do not receive an invitation for a job interview within 4 weeks after submitting your CV, we have given priority to other candidates in the first round of the selection process.
In justified cases, the job announcer can extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.
Why to join us?
We value our employees, and we support them from their very first day at CEITEC. We are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and offer a highly collaborative, collegial and family-friendly, international working environment with relocation assistance through our Welcome Office. The selected candidate will become a part of the CEITEC scientific community with access to in-house core facilities and professional administrative support. You will become part of an international team of experts in their fields, who together contribute to improving human life and health. Have a look at what your potential peers say about working at CEITEC MU.
Brno is a lively city surrounded by beautiful countryside. It is a top destination for many educated expatriates working in the areas of science and technology. Brno is located in the heart of Europe and offers a great standard of living.
For more information about the recruitment process, refer to CEITEC MU Recruitment Policy.
For more information about our career system, refer to CEITEC MU Career System.
For more information about onboarding process, refer to a short video.
Start date: negotiable/immediately
Opened Until: 30.6.2023