Inzerováno od 05.06.2018
The research group of Dr Hélène Robert Boisivon focuses on the effects of plant hormones during organogenesis in flowering plants, and how environmental cues influence the reproduction fitness in Arabidopsis thaliana and related crops.
You will assist us in context of the SINGING research project in the area of plant developmental biology as part of Hormonal Crosstalk in Plant Development Group of Genomics and Proteomics of Plant Systems Research Programme of CEITEC.
If successful candidate, you will join a team of motivated researchers who are investigating the effects of stress on seed production. You will help with the transfer of knowledge to crops. We use two different models in our investigations; Arabidopsis thaliana and Rapeseed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plant tissue culture: seeding, plant selection, culture in soil, culture management and seed harvesting for Arabidopsis thaliana and Brassica napus; In vitro regeneration of transformed plants
- Maintenance of seed collection and plasmid collection through databases
- Supporting team members in selection of plant lines
- Microscopic imaging
- Molecular cloning
- You have a minimum training with a Bachelor degree in Life Sciences
- Any previous work experience with plants is preferable, but not essential
- If you have any experience with molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, qRT-PCR) and genome-editing strategies, this is a plus
- You have a dedicated personality with good communication skills (English, Czech), and an independent way of working, and you are well organized
- You are a reliable teammate, who loves to support our research work
- You are dedicated to laboratory work and have a high motivation to stay up-to-date (e.g. reading publications, attending seminars…)
- We offer supports in learning and development
- We provide flexible working times, and benefits package (6 weeks of paid holiday, Meal tickets, MU canteens, Retirement contribution)
- We support an appreciative and encouraging work environment
- We are an equal opportunity employer
- We value diversity and promote a versatile working environment with the aim to support the best scientists.
Please note that the position is initially for 12 months with possibility of extension. We offer a minimum salary of CZK 25,000 gross/month, with possible bonus depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Back to jobs
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016