|Phone:||+420 54949 4286, +420 54949 7807|
|Research group:||Behavioural and Social Neuroscience - Milan Brázdil|
Research Interests: My primary research interest is in social cognition and its psychopathology. In my master thesis I was studying development of Theory of mind in children and adolescents. In addition, I am interested in cognitive processes related to reasoning about mental states: episodic memory, mental time travel and subjective self-experience. This brought me to work with populations in which these processes are severely impaired: autism and lately schizophrenia. Here in CEITEC I am using neuroimaging methods to study cognitive and affective aspects of social cognition and self-experience in schizophrenia, as the extent of its impairment is linked to functional outcome and quality of life.
Running project: Neural substrates of cognitive and affective perspective-taking in schizophrenia (CzechBioimaging)
Cooperation: Department of psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University and University hospital Brno
Bio: I studied psychology at Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University in Brno. Now I am a PhD student at CEITEC and Department of Psychiatry of Masaryk University under the supervision of Prof. Tomáš Kašpárek. I have also worked for Center on Autobiographical Memory Research - Con Amore at Aarhus University during Erasmus exchange stay in Denmark.
Publications that are part of the Web of Science database, possibly also other publications chosen by authors.
- Jani, M; Kasparek, T, 2017: Emotion recognition and theory of mind in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of neuroimaging studies. WORLD JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRY , doi: 10.1080/15622975.2017.1324176
- Individuální rozdíly v diferenciaci mezi reprezentací sebe a druhých lidí (GA15-16738S), Grantová agentura ČR, 2015 - 2017
- Understanding empathy using a second person neuroscience approach – a multimodal hyperscanning study combining fMRI and scalp EEG (7AMB15AT015), Ministerstvo školství, mládeže a tělovýchovy ČR, 2015 - 2016
- CEITEC - Central European Institute of Technology (CZ.1.05/1.1.00/02.0068), Ministerstvo školství, mládeže a tělovýchovy ČR, 2011 - 2015
- Optimalizace metodiky analýzy a hodnocení simultánního EEG-fMRI u pacientů s farmakorezistentní epilepsií (GAP304/11/1318), Grantová agentura ČR, 2011 - 2013