Published on 02.07.2020
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/).
Molecular biology lab studying the regulation of gene expression by transcriptional cyclin-dependent kinases (mainly CDK11 and CDK12) and their roles in cancer onset (Dalibor Blazek lab, CEITEC, Brno, Czech Republic) is seeking a person with strong expertise in bioinformatics to analyze transcriptomics data and answer important biological questions. The candidate will be in close contact with Bioinformatics research group of Panagiotis Alexiou at CEITEC.
- Theoretical knowledge of bioinformatics and bioanalysis
- Experience in NGS data analysis,
- Readiness and eligibility to apply for Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Individual Followship (H2020) (deadline September 9, 2020 or in 2021 call); eligibility = must perform research outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years
- Familiarity with scripting language (Python)
- Expertise with other programming languages, and software development principles appreciated.
- Functional knowledge of statistics
- Good publication record
- Good knowledge of English is required
- Knowledge of molecular biology, transcriptomics techniques and experience with analysis of proteomics data is a plus
Degrees: PhD. In bioinformatics, computational biology, molecular biology or adjacent fields.
- Rigorous and well organized
- Good communication skills.
- Highly motivated to achieve the scientific goal.
-End of 2020 or upon agreement
What we offer?
- A one year contract renewable based on performance
- Interdisciplinary research of CEITEC
- Appropriate hardware infrastructure for the project Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and benefits package (6 weeks of paid holiday, meal tickets, MU canteens, retirement contribution)
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
CEITEC, Brno, Czech Republic (http://www.ceitec.eu) is a newly established European research center of scientific excellence.
Please send application (including CV and the contact information of at least two references) by email to Dr. Dalibor Blazek (email@example.com) and Dr. Panagiotis Alexiou (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners)
- Quality of life index in 2016
Back to jobs