Postdoc in BIOSTATISTICS
Published on 03.12.2018
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a
Postdoc in BIOSTATISTICS
CEITEC/Central European Institute of Technology is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists.
A postdoc position is available to participate in research focused on advanced biostatistical data evaluation in plant phenotyping. The main focus of the work will be formulating biological relevant conclusions based on the detailed statistical analysis of large datasets generated by automated plant phenotyping facility.
The project involves collaboration of CEITEC research groups working in frame of Genomics and Proteomics of Plant Systems area, Plant Sciences Core Facility, Photon Systems Instruments company and Image Analysis research group at IPK, Gatersleben, Germany.
Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice).
- Receiving PhD. in (bio)statistics, (bio)informatics, mathematics, biochemistry/molecular biology or related fields
- Practical experience with advanced (bio)statistical methods and data evaluation
- Published in impactful journals in the field, corresponding to given stage of career demonstrating creativity and scientific quality (with at least 2 papers, one the them as first author, during the last 3 years)
- Programming experience (bash, R, at least one of python/java/perl)
- Good English language – spoken and written
Desirable but not required:
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
- Theoretical knowledge of molecular biology/biochemistry/-omics approaches
- Interesting position for at least 4 years (extension possible) in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
Anticipated start date: Negotiable, preferred date Jan 1 2019
Applications including CV, contacts for referees and a brief motivation letter should be sent to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic application deadline is: Dec 31st, 2018
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
Back to jobs