Research Position | Published on 09.05.2019 |
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology
(CEITEC MU) opens a position
Postdoc position in Plant CELL biology
A postdoctoral positions to investigate molecular aspects underlying differentiation of plant germ-line are available in the laboratory of Karel Riha at the Central European Institute of Technology (riha-lab.ceitec.cz). We study processes that govern RNA biogenesis and genome integrity in the context of plant reproductive biology. The position is offered for 40 months within the frame of a six-year project that combines cell biology, genomics, and genetic approaches to delineate cell-fate transitions during differentiation of plant gametes.
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission. (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/)
· Prospective candidates should have a PhD degree and experience in at least one of the disciplines related to cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or genetics.
· Prior experience with microscopy/image processing or experience with analysis of high-throughput sequencing data is an asset.
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 1, 2019
Please send the application (including CV, short statement of research background / interests and the contact information of at least three references) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the “postdoc position” in the subject.
Electronic application deadline is: June 15, 2019
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
· The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
· Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
· A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
· More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
· 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
· City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
· Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
· CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit http://www.ceitec.eu/ceitec-welcome-office/t1137
Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617
Start date: 1.7.2019
Opened Until: 30.6.2019