Postdoctoral Fellow in Regulation of Gene Expression and Molecular Carcinogenesis Group
Research Position | Published on 03.11.2021 |
Central European Institute of Technology of Masaryk University (CEITEC MU)
Brno, Czech Republic | www.ceitec.eu
We are the Czech Republic’s flagship basic research institute based at Masaryk University. Our modern in-house core facilities, which provide open access to the latest technologies and expertise, currently support more than 500 researchers from over 35 countries, who are together pushing the boundaries of knowledge in the areas of structural biology, molecular medicine, genomics, and proteomics of plant systems, and neuroscience.
Our postdoctoral program will enable you to participate in one of many exciting scientific projects addressing current global issues related to health and the quality of human life. You will have the opportunity to discuss and develop ideas and train your ability to reason in a scientific manner, formulate hypotheses independently, to innovate, and to perform independent research. It is an excellent opportunity to fully develop the skills acquired throughout your Ph.D. studies. You will have access to a professional administration supporting you with grant preparation and administration, with technology transfer, science communication, and with other areas of modern research management. You will have the chance to participate in a wide range of scientific and career development events and become a valued member of our vibrant multinational scientific community.
About this position
A post-doctoral position is open in the Dr. Dalibor Blažek. Our research team is dedicated to understanding the roles of CDK12, CDK11, and other transcriptional kinases in the regulation of gene expression and their targeting in human diseases, particularly cancer. Our laboratory at CEITEC is international and has numerous collaborations including top bioinformaticians, medicinal chemists, and an innovative biotech company. The post-holder will integrate biochemistry and molecular biochemistry approaches, particularly genomics and proteomics together with bioinformatics analyses to address basic biological questions. We are particularly interested in an individual with strong expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry and expertise/interest in genome-wide bioinformatics analyses.
Lab homepage: http://www2.ceitec.muni.cz/blazek-lab/
Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
- Candidates who hold Ph.D. degree (or are close to its completion) in life sciences (molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, or related fields)
- Research experience in the fields of gene expression (transcription, mRNA-processing, RNA biology) or related fields
- Experience in using standard molecular biology/biochemistry methods including cell culture, flow cytometry, qPCR, western blotting, protein expression and purification, PCR, molecular cloning etc.
- Experience in a subset of the following techniques (RNA-seq, ChIP-Seq, iCLIP-seq, 4SU-seq (or other nascent RNA methods), CRISPR-Cas) and others is highly desirable.
- Outstanding academic track record including publications in quality peer-reviewed journals
- Be active in the development of the project, able to work individually and also in a team as needed
- Effective communication skills and enthusiasm for science
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- An attractive salary condition
- Medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
- Contribution to a pension scheme
- Flat-rate meal contributions
- A multisport card and sports lessons directly at the campus
- Reduced prices for mobile operator tariffs
- Special employee bank products
We value our employees, and we support them from their very first day at CEITEC. We are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and offer a highly collaborative, collegial and family-friendly, international working environment with relocation assistance through our Welcome Office. The selected candidate will become a valued member of the CEITEC scientific community with access to in-house core facilities and professional administrative support. Have a look at what your potential peers say about working at CEITEC MU.
Brno is a lively city surrounded by beautiful countryside. It is a top destination for many educated expatriates working in the areas of science and technology. Brno is located in the heart of Europe and offers a great standard of living.
CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award.
What else you need to know
Application deadline: 31st December 2022
Expected start date: negotiable
Hours: full time
Duration: fixed term
Eligibility criteria: only external candidates will be considered
How to apply
Please send a CV and a short motivational letter including a description of previous experiences, technical skills, contacts for at least two references, a list of publications, to Dalibor Blazek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you do not receive an invitation for a job interview within 4 weeks after submitting your CV, we have given priority to other candidates in the first round of the selection process.
For more information about the recruitment process, refer to CEITEC MU Recruitment Policy.
For more information about our career system, refer to CEITEC MU Career System.
In justified cases, the job announcer can extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.
The call is open until the position is filled.
Start date: negotiable
Opened Until: 31.12.2022