Postdoctoral Research Fellow for ERC team: “WEARONIX"
Research Position | Published on 15.05.2023 |
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
Postdoctoral Research Fellow for ERC team: “2D Materials, Energy Storage, Electrochemistry, Wearable sensors”
(Postdoktorand pro tým ERC: 2D materiály, skladování energie, elektrochemie, nositelné senzory)
Pumera research team “Future Energy and Innovation Lab” (www.pumera.org) is seeking an outstanding applicant for a scientific position of a postdoctoral research fellow. We are looking for experienced electrochemist with skills in either water splitting, photoelectrochemistry, hydrogen evolution, and/or supercapacitors. Ability to carry out materials characterization is important part of the job. You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art SEM, TEM, UHV STM system, XPS, and ALD as well with 3D printing systems (see nano.ceitec.cz).
Requirements We offer Interested candidate should provide Employment Conditions
We are looking for highly motivated researcher with a strong background in electrochemistry and materials.
- Deep knowledge of electrochemistry is must.
- Materials characterization techniques hand-on experience is advantage.
- Ability to carry out the research projects independently, interpret the data and write manuscript.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivation, initiative and persistence.
- Ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories (nano.ceitec.cz).
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques.
- Fully English-speaking environment.
- Chief investigator is Highly Cited Researcher & ERC grant holder.
- Highly motivating environment.
- Support of team members with diverse background.
- Work in the Czech Science City Brno with many collaboration possibilities.
- Wide international network of collaborators – From University of California to Singapore.
Interested candidate should provide
- Detailed CV including list of publications,
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying,
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
- Anticipated start date: Upon agreement. The sooner the better.
- Highly competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- 6 weeks of holidays.
- Full-time – 40 hours per week.
- Place: Purkyňova 123, Brno, Czech Republic.
Electronic applications including required items should be submitted to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th, 2023 and quote the “Wearonix” in the subject.
Start date: upon agreement
Opened Until: 15.6.2023