Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Theoretical Aspects of Holographic Incoherent Quantitative Phase Imaging
Published on 12.05.2020
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
„Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Theoretical Aspects of Holographic Incoherent Quantitative Phase Imaging“
Chmelik research group “Experimental Biophotonics” (biophotonics.ceitec.cz) is seeking an outstanding applicant for the academic position of a postdoctoral research fellow. We are looking for theoretical physicist with skills in optics, especially in diffraction, interference, holography, propagation and scattering of light, coherence theory, optics of metasurfaces (geometric-phase elements). Ability to perform theoretical calculations of imaging with a holographic microscope including partially coherent light interaction with complex 3D specimens of biologic nature is fundamental part of the job. You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art both commercial and laboratory holographic incoherent quantitative phase imaging systems as well as to get involved in their optical design, development and interpretation of imaging.
Your application should include and Contact
We are looking for highly motivated researcher with a strong background in theoretical physics and optics. We expect:
- Deep knowledge of optics (especially diffraction, interference, holography, coherence theory, propagation and scattering of light in inhomogeneous media, optics of metasurfaces) is required.
- PhD degree in physics is required on a start date.
- Knowledge of quantum and statistical optics is advantage.
- Ability to perform theoretical calculations and mathematical analysis.
- Ability to program image processing procedures and perform numerical electromagnetic simulations.
- Ability to carry out the research projects independently, interpret the data and write manuscript. Previous publication and project activity are advantage.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivation, initiative and persistence.
- Ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the group, to share the results of his/her work.
- Ability to establish scientific cooperation on an international scale. Previous international collaborations are advantage.
Back to jobs
- Fully English-speaking environment.
- Highly motivating environment of a group with excellent international evaluation and response.
- Support of team members with diverse background.
- Work in the Czech Science City Brno with many collaboration possibilities.
- Wide international network of collaborators.
- Personal and professional growth.
- Support in further education - possibility to participate in educational events and workshops.
- Attractive benefits package (8 weeks of paid holiday, flexible working hours, pension savings / life insurance contribution, meal vouchers, preferential tariffs with a mobile operator).
- Highly competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.