Research Group Leader I.
Published on 08.04.2019
The director of CEITEC, Brno University of Technology is opening a
Research Group Leader Position
We are seeking an outstanding applicant for the academic position of a research group leader. The applicant will have already gained research experience after completing his/her doctorate to realize his/her own research project and qualified for the leadership of an independent research group in the field of material sciences for sustainable energy generation or storage.
The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree (Associate Professor is an advantage) in a relevant field and should demonstrate:
- at least 7 years of (international) research experience after completing his/her doctorate,
- outstanding subject competence and proven track record of high-quality scientific productivity as judged by publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals adequate for applying for an ERC grant and/or GACR EXPRO,
- ability to attract ERC or EXPRO funding in the past,
- success in obtaining extramural research funding ensuring an annual budget of minimum 1 mil. CZK (i.e. approx. 40,000 EUR) for the following two or more years, which has already been contracted to the benefit of CEITEC, or is, subject to funding conditions, transferable to CEITEC,
- experience in supervising other scientists and/or Ph.D. students, ideal candidate graduated at least 10 Ph.D. students,
- documented active collaboration with top Universities (TOP 50) in USA, Europe and Asia,
- ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories.
An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups is essential. We will offer an international environment and benefits in line with your experience. The position is available from 1 June 2019.
Your application should include (state the data related to you as a potential group leader, not to the whole existing research group or team, except the last bullet):
- CV incl. detailed description and documents of training, and summary of academic experience including teaching,
- personal research career – research focus and area, definition of targets, placement and reputation in the international community within a similar/related field, placement within the CEITEC programme, key collaborations (within and outside CEITEC), interdisciplinarity and other information considered relevant,
- list of publications (separate listings of original research papers, reviews, book chapters),
- number of publications and their distribution according to intellectual proportion (corresponding author/co-author), and quality (Tier 1, 5, 10, 25)
- number of citations without self-citations, h-index,
- list of obtained research grants (name, topic, funding source, amount),
- reprints of selected top publications (5 at maximum),
- current positions of former postdocs and students,
- others: number of invited lectures, number of application outcomes (patents), commercial cooperation, prestigious awards and distinctions,
- description of up to 5 most significant results/activities with at least one not being a scientific result – e.g. organization of a conference, participation in an expert committee, contribution to CEITEC development/governance/public awareness etc. - up to 1 page with a short paragraph for each result,
- contact for at least two potential referees who are not members of CEITEC,
- for the whole research group: research plan and visions for next 5 years incl. financial considerations and usage of CEITEC CF and laboratory equipment (max. 2 pages).
Applications must be received by 8 May, 2019, to ensure consideration. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com and quote the “RGL1 position” in the subject.
Back to jobs