RESEARCH GROUP LEADER IN LIFE SCIENCES
Research Position | Published on 26.01.2024 |
Research Group Leader in Life Sciences
Central European Institute of Technology of the Masaryk University (CEITEC MU), Brno, Czech Republic
CEITEC MU is the Czech Republic´s flagship bio-medical research institution renowned for its cutting-edge core facilities and unparalleled access to state-of-the-art scientific equipment. CEITEC MU values its people and provides a supportive and stimulating environment with a culture of open communication and equal opportunities. The institute is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research award.
About this position
Are you a passionate and inquisitive researcher eager to establish your independent research group? We are seeking a curiosity-driven individual to lead groundbreaking research in areas of Structural and Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Plant Biology, Molecular Medicine, and Neurosciences.
As a Research Group Leader, you will benefit from research infrastructure at CEITEC core facilities (https://www.ceitec.eu/core-facilities/) and collaboration with CEITEC research groups (https://www.ceitec.eu/research/). You will have the opportunity to recruit your research team and design and define your scientific objectives in line with the vision and strategic priorities of CEITEC. You will become a valued member of our scientific community and work as an active scientist alongside 28 other research group leaders.
The position is funded through the institution's start-up package. Successful candidate will be evaluated after 5-7 years for promotion to a senior research group leader position. During this period candidates are anticipated to apply for prestigious individual research grants and establish independent line of research demonstrated by major publications.
- Develop and articulate a compelling research vision, setting the strategic direction for the research group.
- Lead and inspire a team of researchers, fostering a collaborative and inclusive research environment.
- Design and implement research plans that align with the organization's objectives and are compatible with CEITEC infrastructure.
- Proactively seek and secure funding opportunities to support the group's research projects.
- Proven track record of impactful research in the area of Life Sciences.
- The ability to identify important research problems and opportunities within your area of expertise.
- The ability to independently conduct research using appropriate research methodologies and approaches.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and leadership competencies; ability to supervise early-stage researchers and act as a mentor for others.
- The ability to secure research funding and resources.
- The ability to take ownership and manage your career progression, identify and develop ways to improve your competitiveness.
- A motivated and collaborative mindset.
- The ability to recognize the value of your research work in the context of innovation potential.
- The ability to envision and implement collaborative research projects.
- The ability to communicate with the broader scientific community and the general public about your areas of expertise and their societal value.
What else do you need to know
Application Deadline: 14/04/2024
Assessment of Applications: on an ongoing basis
Expected Start Date: 2025
Applications including a CV, list of publications, description of skills and experience related to the advertised position, 2-page outlook of future research interests, and contacts for at least two references, should be sent via e-application HERE.
For informal inquiries about the position and CEITEC MU, or in the case of difficulties with the e-application, please contact: email@example.com
For more information about the recruitment process, refer to CEITEC Recruitment Policy.
In justified cases, the job announcer can extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.
Start date: 2025
Opened Until: 14.4.2024