Research Group Leader in Virology or Bacteriology
Research Position | Published on 16.11.2022 |
Place of work: Central European Institute of Technology of the Masaryk University (CEITEC MU), Brno, Czech Republic
CEITEC MU is the Czech Republic´s flagship research institute in life sciences and compares favorably with prestigious international centers. CEITEC MU is committed to fulfilling its mission of improving the quality of human life and health. CEITEC MU hosts a range of modern core facilities providing access to state-of-the-art scientific equipment. CEITEC MU values its people and provides a supportive and stimulating environment with a culture of open communication and equal opportunities. The institute is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research award.
About this position
We are seeking to recruit a curiosity-driven research group leader keen to establish an independent research group. The preferred areas of research include (1 Pathogen-host interactions, (2 Immunity against viruses and bacteria, and (3 the Development of diagnostics and treatments for viral and bacterial infections. Your research methodology should benefit from research infrastructure at CEITEC core facilities (https://www.ceitec.eu/core-facilities/) and collaboration with CEITEC research groups (https://www.ceitec.eu/research/). You will have the opportunity to recruit your research team and design and implement your research strategy in line with the vision and strategic priorities of CEITEC. You will become a valued member of our CEITEC scientific community and work as an active scientist alongside 28 other research group leaders. The position is supported by the National Institute of Virology and Bacteriology (NIVB), which is a newly established research platform funded by €52 million from the EU Resilience and Recover program. The NIVB currently brings together 30 research teams from the leading research institutions in the Czech Republic.
- Recruit, supervise, and mentor members of your research group.
- Ensure the implementation of world-class research.
- Align the research with the CEITEC infrastructure and core facilities.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to gain extramural research grants.
A flexible approach and ability to adapt to evolving situations in research are required.
- Expertise in the fields of virology or bacteriology demonstrated by publications in prestigious research journals and participation in workshops and conferences.
- The ability to identify important research problems and opportunities within your area of expertise.
- The ability to independently conduct research using appropriate research methodologies and approaches.
- Strong organizational skills and leadership competencies; ability to supervise early-stage researchers and act as a mentor for others.
- The ability to secure research funding and resources.
- The ability to take ownership and manage your career progression, identify and develop ways to improve your competitiveness.
- A motivated and collaborative mindset.
- The ability to recognize the value of your research work in the context of innovation potential.
- The ability to take the lead in executing collaborative research projects in cooperation with colleagues, project partners, and relevant industry partners.
- The ability to communicate with the broader scientific community and the general public about your areas of expertise and their societal value.
Application Deadline: 31/03/2023
Assessment of Applications: on an ongoing basis
Expected Start Date: Flexible, at the latest January 2024
Applications including a CV, list of publications, description of skills and experience related to the advertised position, 2-page outlook of future research interests, and contacts for at least two references, should be sent via e-application HERE.
For informal inquiries about the position and CEITEC MU, or in the case of difficulties with the e-application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the recruitment process, refer to CEITEC Recruitment Policy.
In justified cases, the job announcer can extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.
Start date: Flexible, at the latest January 2024
Opened Until: 31.3.2023