Signal integration and epigenetic reprograming for plant (SINGING PLANT)
- Principal investigator: doc. RNDr. Jan Hejátko, Ph.D.
- Project partner: Photon Systems Instruments, s.r.o.
- Acronym: SINGING PLANT
- Project type: PO 1 Strengthening capacities for the high-quality research
- Implementation period: 1. 7. 2018 – 31. 12. 2022
- Budget: 77 722 525 CZK
- Project website: singing-plant.ceitec.cz
Population growth in a combination with delimited amount of arable land and climate changes are threatening the basis of our civilization. The goal of the project is to identify key regulators mediating integration of environmental, hormonal and stress-related signalling pathways with epigenetic regulations and assessing their role as potential targets in the generation of stress-tolerant plants. The information will be used for the targeted improvement of Brassica sp. and potato with ultimate goal to generate crops with higher survival under stress conditions.