Ten grants in amount of €5,000 to innovative projects with Open Science criteria for Doctoral and Master’s students
21. Nov. 2018
Full-time Doctoral and Master’s students are eligible to apply for one of ten ORION (Open Responsible research and Innovation to further Outstanding kNowledge) grants with their innovative projects that fit Open Science criteria. Registration is open until 15 January 2019.
South Moravian Centre for International Mobility will award ten grants in the amount of €5000 to master and doctorate students from universities in Brno, who will present their innovative projects with the Open Science attributes within the framework of „local societal challenges“.
What is Open Science
- Transparency in experimental methodology, observation and data collection
- Public availability and reusability of scientific data
- Public accessibility and transparency of scientific communication
- Usage of web tools to enhance scientific cooperation.
ORION’s vision is to “incorporate” the principles of Open Science and the rules of responsible research and innovations, which are:
- gender equality
- open access
- public involvement
- scientific education
- into to rules of management, processes and procedures of organizations financing and implementing research activities.
ORION’s activities are primarily targeted at organizations working in the field of natural sciences and biomedicine.