Accelerated ageing and weathering tests allow to learn more about the materials and products ability to retain expected functionality throughout their service life. The materials tested almost include plastics, composites or compounds, e.g. the construction, high-performance or other automotive parts composed of these.
- Estimate the expected life span of a product
- Compare quantitative and qualitative span between different products, materials, coatings
- Checking the compliance of plastics products with corporate and international standards defining the resistance against heat and UV radiation
CEITEC polymer experts carry out accelerated ageing tests using the state-of-the-art equipment (Weather-Ometer Ci4000, Q-Sun Xe-1 chambers). Laboratory simulations of climatic outdoor and indoor conditions allow to set up a number of factors applied to the testing. Such variables are wavelength span, intensity of radiation, heat, moisture etc. Our polymer experts carry out the tests complying with the following ageing standards:
- Accelerated ageing of automotive materials by CEITEC - SAE J2020, SAE J1885, SAE J1960, ISO 4892-2, VDA 75202, PV3929, PV3930 as well as stipulations from other major OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) such as BMW, Daimler and Nissan.
- Different accelerated exposure tests may be used depending on product type and application. CEITEC BUT is able to tailor ageing tests to follow customized procedures where suggested. For more information or to discuss your needs with our polymer expert please contact us via the details on this page.