Novel Network-Based Approaches for Studying Cognitive Dysfunction in Behavioral Neurology
- Principal Investigator: prof. MUDr. Irena Rektorová, Ph.D.
- Acronym: CoBeN
- Project partners: University of Arizona; University of Szeged
- Project type: H2020-MSCA-RISE-2016
- Project duration: 1. 3. 2017 – 28. 2. 2021
- Total budget: 306 000 EUR
- Project website: http://coben.ceitec.cz
The project will employ novel behavioral paradigms and state-of-the-art imaging techniques to:
- identify neural underpinnings of language, speech and cognitive impairment in different patient groups (stroke, Parkinson’s disease, dementia) across three languages (Czech, English, Hungarian),
- unravel the therapeutic potential of NIBS (non-invasive brain stimulation) by targeting and modulating distinct brain networks in these patients
The international collaboration between partners builds on the complementary expertise of researchers, promotes the transfer of knowledge, provides infrastructure to develop the careers of the staff members, and develops a new model for training future generations of behavioral neurologists.