Effective Career Choice and Networking for PhD Students
Renowned science career counsellor Sarah Blackford will deliver highly interactive career planning workshop for PhD students. Sarah has more than 20 years of experience in science career consulting, she is author of the book Career Planning for Research Bioscientists and is regularly invited as a speaker during NatureJobs Career Expo.
The workshop will be underpinned by career planning theory and using experimental learning techniques. This course will give the students the opportunity to learn and practice their skills in a confidential and supportive environment. All training is conducted in English, taking into account multi-cultural and international perspectives and includes recent life examples and materials to the participants.
At the end of the workshop participants will:
- be more self-aware about their skills and capabilities and how to apply this knowledge to making effective career choices
- be more aware of the job market and employer requirements
- be more confident about job seeking strategies and, in particular, networking strategies
- feel more confident about communicating their skills and strengths face to face and on-line
- have formulated a personal action plan to follow up after the workshop
This course has maximum capacity of 40 participants. Please note that the registration to this course is binding. Should you not be able to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org latest 24 hours before the course to free your spot for another interested student.