CEITEC is a consortium of 6 partners, where every partner institution has got its own organisational CEITEC unit with a local management.
CEITEC organisational units, such as CEITEC Masaryk University and CEITEC Brno University of Technology, are managed by their own management team.
CEITEC Masaryk University Director: Jiří Nantl
CEITEC Brno University of Technology Director: Radimír Vrba
CEITEC Mendel University Director: Jan Zouhar
CEITEC Veterinary and Pharmaceutical University Director: Jiří Smola
CEITEC Physics of Materials, Materials of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic Director: Luboš Náhlík
CEITEC Veterinary Research Institute Director: Martin Anger
The system of management and internal setting of CEITEC has been inspired and set according to the most significant scientific institutions, top management is covered by foreign experts in science; the internal language is English. It is based on a regular evaluation of the quality of scientific results carried out by an independent team of top world experts in the given fields. An independent evaluation according to strict international standards is ensured by the Coordination Board and the International Scientific Advisory Board, whose members are significant people in foreign and Czech science.
The highest authority of the Centre has been operational since December 2009. From the end of 2010 it meets on a quarterly basis (March, June, September, and December). The Board approves the Governing Documents (including among others the budget of the Central Management Structure), Common Rules and Policies and makes other key decisions, such as the approval of nominations for the Executive and Scientific Director. Coordination Board is composed of representatives of project partners and external representatives.
- Prof. MUDr. Martin Bareš, Ph.D., rector, Masaryk University
- Prof. RNDr. Petr Štěpánek, CSc., rector, Brno University of Technology
- prof. Ing. Danuše Nerudová, Ph.D., rector, Mendel University in Brno
- Prof. MVDr. Alois Nečas Ph.D., MBA, rector, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno
- Prof. RNDr. Ludvík Kunz, CSc., dr. h. c., director, Institute of Physics of Materials
- Prof. MVDr. Alfred Hera, CSc., director, Veterinary Research Institute
- Prof. Stefan Maier, Co-Director of Centre for Plasmonics & Metamaterials, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Ing. Jaroslav Doležal, CSc., Ex-National Executive, Honeywell, Czech Republic
- Guests: Governor of SM, Mayor of Brno, JIC Director
International Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB)
The highest scientific advisory body of the Centre that meets twice a year, at least once physically in Brno. The Board plays a crucial role in the Common Evaluation of Scientific Excellence as it sets the criteria, comments on the planned research activities and gives recommendations regarding strategic positioning of the Centre.
- Prof. Dirk Inzé (Scientific Director and Department Director, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology, Department of Plant Systems Biology, Gent, Belgium)
- Prof. Christoph M. Michel (Director, Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, Department of Fundamental Neurosciences, University Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Prof. Heiner Niemann (Head of Institute, Head of Department Biotechnology, Fridrich-Loeffler Institute, Germany)
- Prof. Eva Pebay-Peyroula (Former Director of IBS - Institut de Biologie Structurale, Grenoble, France)
- Prof. Miriam Serena Vitiello (CNR-NANO - The Institute of Nanoscience of National Research Council)
- Prof. Oliver Diwald (Department of Chemistry and Physics of Materials Paris-Lodron University Salzburg, Austria)
- Prof. Witold Filipowicz (Professor Emeritus, but still conducting research at the Friedrich Miescher Institute, Switzerland)