Positive Self-Presentation and Networking for Career Success
Renowned science career counsellor Sarah Blackford will deliver two highly interactive career planning workshops for postdocs. Sarah has more than 20 years of experience in science career consulting, she is author of the book Career Planning for Research Bioscientists and is regularly invited as a speaker during NatureJobs Career Expo.
The afternoon session titled Positive Self-presentation and Networking for Career Success will be underpinned by career planning theory and using experimental learning techniques. This course will give postdocs the opportunity to learn and practice their skills in a confidential and supportive environment. All training is conducted in English, taking into account multi-cultural and international perspectives and includes recent life examples and materials to the participants.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- be more self-aware regarding their own personal and professional strengths and unique selling points (USP)
- be more able and confident to present themselves in person and in writing
- be more knowledgeable about networking methods and techniques
- have had the opportunity to actively present themselves within the workshop environment
- have formulated a personal action plan to follow up after the workshop
This course has maximum capacity of 40 participants. Please note that the registration to this course is binding. Should you not be able to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org latest 24 hours before the course to free your spot for another interested postdoc.