16. Dec. 2022
Start your career in science with CEITEC
Are you passionate about biology or chemistry? Do you enjoy learning, exploring and discovering new things? Would you like to make a living while doing something you enjoy and what makes a difference in people´s lives? Do you enjoy working in diverse international teams? Do you enjoy figuring out how something works? Would you like to make a positive impact on our planet? Do you ever dream about finding cures for diseases? If you answer yes to the majority of those questions, then you should consider starting a career in science with CEITEC Masaryk University!
Central European Institute of Technology, or CEITEC, is a young and dynamic interdisciplinary research centre based in the Czech Republic´s capital of science and technology – Brno. CEITEC Masaryk University is the largest partner of the CEITEC consortium and the premiere life science research institute of Central Europe. CEITEC is famous for its state-of-the-art research infrastructure, well-functioning administration and vibrant scientific community. The institute employs excellent scientists from all over the world and is raising a new generation of researchers in its international PhD School.
CEITEC PhD School provides an ideal starting ground for a successful international career in science. PhD students enrolled in the CEITEC PhD School have access to modern equipment and high-quality education in English. The PhD School is based on the so-called "Principles for Innovative Doctoral Training" issued by the European Union to standardise the quality of European doctoral studies. These principles include excellent science, an attractive institutional environment, opportunities for interdisciplinary research, collaboration with industry and potential employers, gaining international experience and contacts, and developing transferable skills and soft skills. Students are led by experienced supervisors and supported by trained mentors and by the Thesis Advisory Committees, which have been formed to guide students towards successful and timely completion of their PhD studies.
Doctoral students at CEITEC also have plenty of opportunities to learn, network and socialize during various scientific and social events. CEITEC MU strives to create a stimulating environment with space for discussion and development of ideas, as well as a culture of open communication and equal opportunities. CEITEC PhD School became a role model for doctoral education in the Czech Republic. CEITEC PhD School students are proud first authors of publications in impacted international journals, winners of various competitions and awardees of prestigious scholarships. Graduates are being accepted for postdoctoral fellowships at renowned institutions such as Yale or Max Planck Institute.
CEITEC PhD School Call 2023
There are currently 25 open PhD topics waiting for talented and motivated young researchers. Don´t hesitate and join our CEITEC community NOW!
1. Characterization of cyclin-dependent kinase 12 (CDK12) substrates and their roles in the regulation of transcription and tumorigenesis in Dalibor Blazek Research Group
2. Functions of cyclin-dependent kinase 11 (CDK11) in the regulation of gene expression and tumorigenesis in Dalibor Blazek Research Group
3. Computational simulations of the conformational changes within Tau protein and its fibrilization supervised by Jozef Hritz in Lukas Zidek Research Group
4. Tau conformational changes induced by phosphorylation, truncation, and 14-3-3 proteins relevant in neurodegenerative diseases supervised by Jozef Hritz in Lukas Zidek Research Group
5. Development of bioinformatics methods for analysing RNA modifications with long-read nanopore sequencing supervised by Vojtěch Bystrý in Bioinformatics Core Facility
6. Designing modified DNA fragments in Radek Marek Research Group
7. Structure of parallel forms of nucleic acids: NMR spectroscopy and molecular modelling in Radek Marek Research Group
8. Microenvironment models and their use to study aggressiveness and targeted therapy in B cell malignancies in Marek Mraz Research Group
9. Long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in the pathogenesis of mature B cell malignancies in Marek Mraz Research Group
10. Investigating pre-mRNA alternative splicing during the embryonic thermoresponse in Arabidopsis thaliana in Helene Boisivon Research Group
11. Dishevelled internal affairs in Wnt signalling in Konstantinos Tripsianes Research Group
12. Phage infection of biofilm in Pavel Plevka Research Group
13. Structural study of enterovirus replication in situ in Pavel Plevka Research Group
14. Restoring antiviral properties of mammalian Dicer in Richard Štefl Research Group
15. Correlative light and electron microscopy of transcription condensates in Richard Stefl Research Group
16. Terminal RNA modifications in gene expression and viral infection in Stepanka Vanacova Research Group
17. Role of FoxO1 transcription factor in B-cell malignancies in Marek Mraz Research Group
18. Regulation of BCR signalling by DNA damage response and P53 protein supervised by Miroslav Boudny in Marek Mráz Research Group
19. Development of bioinformatics methods for multi-omics approaches in cancer research supervised by Vojtech Bystry in Bioinformatics Core Facility
20. Development of bioinformatics methods for radiogenomics approaches in cancer research supervised by Vojtech Bystry in Bioinformatics Core Facility
21. Role of transcription factors in onset and progression of B-cell malignancies supervised by Josef Vecera in Marek Mraz Research Group
22. Functions of cyclin-dependent kinase 11 (CDK11) in the regulation of gene expression and tumorigenesis in Dalibor Blazek Research Group
23. Characterization of cyclin-dependent kinase 12 (CDK12) substrates and their roles in the regulation of transcription and tumorigenesis in Dalibor Blazek Research Group
24. Characterization of resistance mechanisms to targeted therapy in acute myeloid leukemia and identification of novel therapy opportunities in Michal Smida Research Group
More information can be found on the CEITEC PhD School website. All Life Science topics are listed HERE and Molecular Medicine topics HERE.
Should you have any questions regarding PhD studies at CEITEC MU, please contact PhD Studies Manager Jana Tšponová.